Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_3_] Jeßus[_3_] is offline

Default Truffles

Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> The delicatessen I frequent was good enough to give me two Italian black
>> truffles to try last Friday. I've been searching around for some
>> relevant recipes using truffles, but really haven't found a whole lot
>> that excites me.
>>
>> I grated some over creamy scrambled eggs this morning... I loved it and
>> intend to have it that way again.
>>
>> I thought some of you may have some better ideas than I can find via
>> searching, as to some yummy recipes?
>>
>> I'd prefer simple, uncomplicated recipes that highlight the truffles.
>> I'm told these truffles I was given are just past their peak (no
>> noticeable ammonia smell as yet) but I was advised to used them up quickly.
>>
>> Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

> Have you considered making truffle oil so they will last longer?

I have, but at the time I also bought a small bottle of truffle oil... I
already had the truffle oil along with all the other stuff I was buying,
then they came out with the Italian truffles. I felt kind-of guilty
after they gave me the two truffles so didn't put the oil back

by those who haven't got it - George Bernard Shaw