Ian Hoare

Default Gabbiano and Campaccio, plus huge tasting

Salut/Hi St.Helier,

le/on Tue, 21 Oct 2003 08:05:54 +1300, tu disais/you said:-

>And salutations in return, M. Oh-Ar.

Milord, I'm deeply honoured. My lady wife sends her friendly greetings to in
turn.

>Respectfully, if I may be allowed small point of correction, I did say that
>the *vines* were youthful

Indeed you did.

>savouriness and finesse was probably because of several factors - vine age
>(or lack thereof) being one; clonal choice being another.

I hope that the latter is not a major factor, as it will not be remedied
with time, probably.

>Experienced or not, I was (still am) in total agreement in comments made in
>December '01.

I'm gratified. What I very much hope is that if you manage to grace these
shores during the Tour de France in '04, we can open a sample of fair
burgundies to give you a standard of comparison.

>Correct me if I am wrong, but you did indicate that you would love to return
>to these fair shores in 10 years or so, to check on progress as vines
>matured.

"5 or 10", yes. And god willing, "we shall return". Though in less dramatic
guise than those for whom it was first said.
--
All the Best
Ian Hoare

Sometimes oi just sits and thinks