St.Helier

Default Gabbiano and Campaccio, plus huge tasting

And salutations in return, M. Oh-Ar.

Respectfully, if I may be allowed small point of correction, I did say that
the *vines* were youthful - I do recall long conversations (myself, your
goodself and young Lipton!) where we agreed that NZ Pinots lack of
savouriness and finesse was probably because of several factors - vine age
(or lack thereof) being one; clonal choice being another.

> But I've not much experience at judging New World Pinot Noir
> in Barrel. (Which isn't to say that I can't judge young burgundies,
> or that I felt unable to comment on TomS's wonderful Pinot
> when it was still in barrel.

Experienced or not, I was (still am) in total agreement in comments made in
December '01.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you did indicate that you would love to return
to these fair shores in 10 years or so, to check on progress as vines
matured.

St.Helier