Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Bayou Classic

Janet Wilder wrote:
> Dave Bugg wrote:

>> .snip
>>> I think it deserves closer examination and discovery; I wouldn't
>>> kick it down the road just yet. :-) I'll swing by my local Lowes
>>> and see if that store has one in stock. You may have stumbled onto
>>> a good deal in ceramic cookers.

>> I just checked the BBQ Guru site, and there isn't an adapter to use
>> the Guru with the Bayou. So that seems to indicate it hasn't been
>> around for very long or it isn't real popular....yet. I also did a
>> quick peek at Amazon, and although it lists the cooker there are no
>> reviews.

> sorry to change the thread, but what is the advantage of the BBQ Guru
> stuff? It's not inexpensive.

The bbqguru pit regulation devices are wonderful when you want to do lazy Q
with lump or charcoal briquettes for fuel. Set and forget. My Kamado without
a Guru is terrific. My Kamado with a Guru is exquisite, especially for
overnight bbq sessions. For daytime sessions, I don't use it much unless I
will be away from the house for most of the day.

--
Dave