Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Bountiful Beaune (02 Germain/ChdChorey)

Midday on a lovely March day we got our power back, making the day
even more lovely. Fired up the grill, did 3 nice tuna steaks and some
squash, the tuna was served over a cannelli bean salad. Enboldened by
David B's Chevillon foray, I decided to try an '02. The 2002
Domaine du Ch.de Chorey "Les Vigne Franches V.V." *Beaune 1er is
still showing as some new oak notes, and it's a bit on the glossy
side. That said, it was fairly open with just a little air time, and I
thoroughly enjoyed this. Black cherries, plums, floral notes and a
little toast. Nicely balanced- the rich '02 fruit sitting on a bed of
acid, with some tannic support struts. Oak is less apparent with time,
and the last glass is best. This can age a while, but I enjoyed now. B
+ with some potential.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**