Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Facebook

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:42:49 -0700, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> One of the computers here at work got hit with that Flash update thing too,
> but I got it cleaned off almost immediately. If you Google for the name of
> the infestation (koobface? something like that), you can find procedures for
> getting rid of it.

I've been cleaning computers for the last week at work. And it's
not even supposed to my job. All a user has to do is say "yes" to
some bogus popup from any of the numerous sites and it disables the
Symantec Endpoint protection client and starts jizzing all over the
place. I'm think something is pretending to be a Java Update, is
all I've noticed without being there.

Nobody will tell me what they were doing at the exact time of the
infection so I just enabled process and file access auditing all on
the computers at my office. Either the users or the viruses are
eliminating all browsing history.

I just clean them all out manually using file dates/times and Mike
Lin's Startup Monitor. Don't know what or who they are but I've
turned off all Internet access on some of those computers.

I have had two viruses in my whole life but never used any
protection. One was packaged on the CD as the driver for my
Creative Soundblaster, distributed by Creative Software themselves.

-sw