Ewan

Default TN '94 Mondavi Moscato d'Oro/Mara '01 Zin

Dale Williams wrote:

> >[I said:]
> >As I was about to type this, I just wondered: does anyone actually use
> >these TN of wines that are most unlikely to be currently available? If
> >so, for what? Not that there's anything wrong with the info for its own
> >sake, just curious. Anyway..]

> Well, while I might not be likely to use for buying decisions, I read out of
> interest in wine's progression, and to add to my mental picture of how
> California muscats do. I probably won't use for any concrete decision, but this
> might make me more likely to try aging a California muscat. Who knows- I browse
> wine shops a lot,maybe I'll run across a bottle of this in discount bin.

Well, good . Glad someone's taking it in.

> >On Sat we made a rare foray into NYC and had lunch at Chanterelle.
> >Didn't really live up to my expectations: the high points were sublime,
> >but it was a lot more inconsistent than I expected. No worries - we had
> >very good friends and lots of time.

> Sorry it was inconsistent. Heard their best pastry chef is gone, living in Napa

Well, a cardamom panna cotta (with rose syrup and pear beignets - except
they weren't beignets, really) was one of the high points. Beautifully
delicate. I don't want to put anyone off going - it was good, just not
*as* good as I had thought/hoped.

> The Mara sounds interesting, not a wine I know.

I forgot to mention that it is unfined/unfiltered, which I like.