Posted to rec.food.cooking
bulka[_2_] bulka[_2_] is offline

Default Ideas For A Deli Menu

On Mar 11, 4:37 pm, "gloria.p" > wrote:
> Anthony 527 wrote:
> > A friend of mine is buying a run down liquor store deli and is going
> > to renovate and make it new. Besides all the usual cold cuts and
> > sloppy joes and soup can anyone suggest something different that is
> > profitable and tastes good or any ideas at all.
> > Thank You

> A cheese platter? Chili? Nachos topped with taco meat (or spiced
> chicken), jalapenos, olives, chopped tomato, onion and melted cheese.
> Buffalo wings? Chopped-garlic-topped fries?
>
> It depends very much on where geographically he is located and the
> cooking methods available. (I have never heard of a "liquor store deli"
> combination.)
> gloria p

Visit Detroit. Our "party stores" don't sell balloons. Not what you
would call a real deli, either, but the food varies with the place.

Drifting here, but . . .stopped for pizza on a road trip from NYC
years ago. This joint was set up in four parts - two storefronts,
joined at the back. One side was a package liquor store in front,
with a bar in the back. The other side was flourescent-lit take-out
sandwiches and slices in front; sit-down, checkered-tablecloth pasta
italiano in the back. I forget what kind of running around the server
had to do when we wanted wine with our meal. I think the pie came
from right-front, booze from left-rear, our table had a chianti bottle
with a candle.

Liquor laws are just wierd.

Bulka