Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Ideas For A Deli Menu

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 07:39:52 -0800 (PST), Kalmia
> wrote:

> Important to have friendly, prompt service and plenty of coverage
> during the lunch hour.

Service is so important. The place I ate at earlier in the week had
only one guy at the window and a long line. That's the way they
operate. They've got a *lot* of people working in back to crank out
the orders and the overall wait is very short. The guy at the window
was upbeat and cheery. While I was eating, I heard a problem with a
transaction... the card didn't go through for some reason. Turned out
the customer had used a credit card and not a debit card, but the man
at the window apologized to the customer even though (IMO) it was the
customer's fault. Apologize and keep the line moving... NEXT!

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.