D. Gerasimatos

Default Wine in Venice

In article >,
Dale Williams > wrote:

>Sorry about that, I guess I assumed since I made that post the day after a
>thread entitled "TN: Wines in Maine" folks would guess. It looks like the rest
>of the times I've mentioned Portland ME , I apologize for this error!

The fact that you choose to be clear in your differentiation of Portland,
ME from Portland, OR is appreciated. You apparently wish to avoid
confusion. So why is it such an issue to ask someone else to be as clear?

Was it really necessary for a dozen people to show indignation that I
would ask? What would the peanut gallery have said if this guy really
*had* meant Venice, FL?

Which country do you think everythingvenice.com is inviting you to tour?
Apparently everyone on this group would guess Italy. Would that be
correct?

I am dismayed at the arrogance displayed here, but I guess that is to be
expected in a wine newsgroup.

Here is an interesting question:

Where is the largest city named Newcastle in the world?

a. USA
b. South Africa
c. Australia
d. England