Larry

Default substituting goat's milk in cooking

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" > wrote in message >...
> In addition to being lactose intolerant, my mother recently tested positive
> for
> an allergy to milk (along with oats, corn, soy, mushrooms, potatoes,
> tomatoes, and--get this--lettuce!). The doctor has suggested using goat's
> milk. I've done a google search but still can't determine if goat's milk
> can be substituted for cow's milk in any recipe--both sweet and savoury.
> Has anyone used goat's milk for cooking and baking in place of cow's milk?
> If so, what were the results? Are there any noticable differences in
> flavours or textures?
>
> rona

I raise goats, some for meat and some for milk and have used goats
milk interchangably with cows and have noticed no diffrernce unless -
The goats have been with a buck or are downwind of a buck.
The goats have been eating medicated feed, some of which leaves a
nasty aftertaste. Wild onions in the pasture also leave a taste.
If the source of your milk is controlling for the above the milk
should work like cows milk but a bit higher in butterfat. Hope this
helps.
Larry