Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Favorite appetizers from the Mediterranean shores?

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 03:18:25 -0800, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> All very good suggestions, thanks! I'm trying *not* to keep it along Italian
> or Greek lines; I want to include things which are from (or at least
> inspired by) the cuisines of Spain, Italy, southern France, Greece, Morocco
> (or Tunisia), Lebanon, and Turkey.

Lebanon Bologna Rolls. Spread pieces of Lebanon bologna with 12.5x
it's weight in herbed neufchatel cheese and stick it. With a
toothpick.

I actually prefer neufchatel cheese over cream cheese. Herbs I use
dill or basil, and maybe a touch of onion powder. Or ranch dressing
mix (if using onion powder or ranch mix, mix well and let cheese
rest overnight).

We all have a deceptively simple trash appetizer recipe that brings
lots of compliments. And that is mine.

-sw