Posted to rec.food.cooking
Don Martinich Don Martinich is offline

Default Favorite appetizers from the Mediterranean shores?

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> What are some favorite appetizers from that region? (I must exclude from
> consideration such things as prosciutto with melon, because melon is out of
> season.)

I like a squid or octopus salad. Cut your favorite cephalopod into bite
size pieces. For squid, just blanch in broth. For octopus, simmer until
tender. Then mix with chopped red onions, garlic, chopped parsley,
capers (the large ones), good olive oil, and lemon juice. Let sit for an
hour or two before serving. It's good served with crusty bread. This is
from the Dalmatian coast.

D.M.