Posted to rec.food.preserving
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default Dilly beans

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 06:32:34 -0600, George Shirley
> wrote:

>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article >,
>> George Shirley > wrote:
>>
>>> Note: couldn't access your post about pickle crisp with the URL but I
>>> think Ball no longer produces it.

>> Apparently Ball is re-introducing it this spring.
>>

>Very good, that means I can buy it locally instead of on line. Thank
>you. Maybe the bitching email I sent to them helped.

George,

I can't remember if you tried using the non-trade named calcium
chloride, as in the stuff available from home brewing suppliers.
Same ratio as Pickle Crisp?
I have a quantity of it here, left over from my home brewing days that
we will probably try during this year's pickling time.

Ross.