Posted to rec.food.cooking
pavane[_3_] pavane[_3_] is offline

Default Ritz crackers

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message ...
| cory! > wrote:
|
| > What do you guys think of ritz crackers? Im trying to decide
| > if there ok for me to use as part of an appetizer for a dinner
| > party Im throwing for a friend's engagement- don't know her
| > family. Help!
|
| (Am I supposed to not answer this due to the foodbanter thing?)
|
| There are better crackers in the world. Late July "Classic Rich"
| crackers are designed to resemble Ritz crackers but are (in my opinion)
| much much better.

You are right, but I view Ritz as a classic such as saltines, Vermont
common biscuits, Uneeda biscuits, oyster crackers and the like.
They have been part of our culture and life for generations and have
a distinct place in appetizers and snacking. I can't imagine my
mother's egg salad topped with a caper-stuffed rolled anchovy on
anything but a Ritz cracker. They are unique and really don't
deserve to be tossed on the waste-pile of humanity, even though
there are some better crackers on the market. Of course there are,
but don't let the Ritz become forgotten. Please, cory! and Steve,
add a few real Ritz to the layout.

pavane