Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Costco membership

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:09:02 -0500, blake murphy
> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 07:08:08 -0800, sf wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 22:22:16 -0800, "Bob Terwilliger"
> > > wrote:

> >> Is it common for teachers to take summer jobs during that time off? One of
> >> the math teachers at my high school worked as a pro wrestler during the
> >> summers, which struck me as a bit unusual.
> >>

> > The teachers I knew worked summer school if they could get the gig.

> don't a lot of teachers spend the summers fulfilling 'continuing education'
> (their own, not students') or 'professional development' requirements?

Usually those are teachers that have requirements to meet or are
looking at getting out of the classroom so they need some specialty
classes for advancement. PD during the school year covers a lot of
day to day needs to satisfy the continuing ed requirement. School is
180 days, teachers are paid for 184 (here). Those four days are spent
in PD, plus there are other PD opportunities during the rest of the
school year.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.