Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Costco membership

"sf" > wrote
> Summer is *not* paid
> vacation. It's off the clock. Teachers have opted to spread their
> paychecks over 12 months, that's why the uninitiated think it's a paid
> vacation.

True that, but what most people see is that teachers have off from work for
two months; traditional jobs do not allow for that. You have to look at the
entire package. If you like the work, accept the wages, like the
conditions, everyone is happy. Same with any career or profession.

I've taught a couple of classes, but they were for adults, not kids. Pay
was poor for what I did, but money was not the motivator, it was something I
wanted to do. I have no desire to teach a classroom of children.