Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Dilly beans

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:

> Last June I put up several pint jars of dilly beans from our garden. A
> couple of days ago I remembered putting them up and put a jar in the
> fridge. Today I opened the jar and had a few with my lunch sandwich.
> This was the first batch I had ever used Pickle Crisp on. Joy, joy, they
> are very crisp and very dilly. I think from now on I will use the pickle
> crisp on all my pickles as the luncheon spears and bread and butters
> also came out very crisp. Even very old dogs can learn new tricks.

Funny you mention that, Jorge. I was with my canning niece last evening
and she mentioned floppy dilly beans. Any particular tricks to know
about using the Pickle Crisp? (Gotta look up Pickle Crisp.) Glad to
know you like it.

When did you start making B&Bs for Miz Anne? What recipe are you using?

> Side Note for Barb: Please close the back gate, weather heads say we may
> get up to two inches of snow tonight. That would be four times it has
> snowed here this winter.

<Cue the orchestra> "My heart cries for you, sighs for you, dies for
you. . . . "
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller