Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default marinara sauce

In article
aem > wrote:

> On Feb 25, 1:23 pm, "Steve B" > wrote:
> > [snips]
> > But when I make spaghetti sauce, to top it off, I always put in a jar of
> > Ragu. Even Grandma likes it, and she IS picky.
> >

> Chances are excellent that you could accomplish the same thing by
> adding a hefty amount of sugar instead of the Ragu. -aem

Took the words right out of my fingers!

Many folks on this very group swear that you should add sugar to
counterbalance the acid of the tomato. I don't agree, but that's just
me. Consumer Reports did a taste taste of commercial sauces. They did
a homemade sauce also. They added carrot for sweetness.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA