Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve B[_6_] Steve B[_6_] is offline

Default marinara sauce

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Steve B" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > If you don't want to make it, Buittoni brand from the refrigerator
>> > section is fabulous.
>> > --
>> > Peace! Om

>> Duh. Why didn't I think of that? Of course, now you will have the
>> marinara
>> purists after you, right after the frozen vs. fresh pizza brigade get
>> through thumping you. Good luck.
>>
>> Steve

> They can have at it... <g>
>
> Imho, there is nothing wrong with the occasional meal cheat:
>
> <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/RavioliCheats#>
>
> I've bought those mixes that you speak of in the past. If you use
> Marinara, serve it over pasta. If you decide to make an asian sauce for
> it instead (involving grated fresh ginger root, pressed garlic, soy and
> oyster sauce and a little peanut oil), serve it over rice.
>
> Either way, a few small or sliced veggies of choice compliment it.
> Zucchini if serving over pasta, various other stuff the asian way.
> --
> Peace! Om

I don't believe I have ever made an Alfredo sauce, or the like. I believe I
could, as well as pesto, marinara, etc. But sometimes, it is just as easy
to pour out some from the jar, add some extra ingredients to taste, and
serve.

I'm always called on to make gravy at family functions, and even Grandma
thinks it's killer.

Now that I am going to be doing some more cooking from scratch, I do think I
will look into making some of these sauces, as it doesn't seem it would be
that difficult.

I just don't have a real palate for tomato paste.

But when I make spaghetti sauce, to top it off, I always put in a jar of
Ragu. Even Grandma likes it, and she IS picky.

Steve