Posted to rec.food.preserving
Kathi Jones[_2_] Kathi Jones[_2_] is offline

Default Dilly beans

"George Shirley" > wrote in message
> Last June I put up several pint jars of dilly beans from our garden. A
> couple of days ago I remembered putting them up and put a jar in the
> fridge. Today I opened the jar and had a few with my lunch sandwich. This
> was the first batch I had ever used Pickle Crisp on. Joy, joy, they are
> very crisp and very dilly. I think from now on I will use the pickle crisp
> on all my pickles as the luncheon spears and bread and butters also came
> out very crisp. Even very old dogs can learn new tricks.
>
> Side Note for Barb: Please close the back gate, weather heads say we may
> get up to two inches of snow tonight. That would be four times it has
> snowed here this winter. Where the hell is Al Gore when you need him, I
> had planned on having beach property by now?

good to know George - I made them once and was very disappointed with the
mushy texture. Maybe I'll give it another go doing it your way.

We're getting wet stuff this week, but hardly anything. Not gonna jinx in
by saying we haven't got very much snow at all, so far this year...........

Kathi