Posted to rec.food.cooking
Doug Freyburger Doug Freyburger is offline

Default single household and considering Costco membership; no plan to invite anyone for lunch or dinner

Manda Ruby wrote:

> NOTE: I am no longer interested in steaks except once in a while
> probably because beef here doesn't taste good like in Illinois.

The beef tastes fine here in Illinois. You are being picky and folks do
not need to take that into account. The pickier you are about food the
more you need to do special order products. CostCo does not do special
order products.

> I can also train myself to buy non food items from Costco as much as
> possible. Vitamins (and cosmetic stuff) if they carry what I use.

We now use a fair amount of non-food items from CostCo. Check the
prices.

> So what I need to know is all the good stuff available at Costco when
> it comes to meat (fish)

We buy most of our meat from CostCo these days. It's more consistant
than the local groceries. But when we want the special good stuff we go
to a local butcher.

> and salad packages.

They are good but too big for us. We ended up switching to ones from
the grocery store because of size. The best salads are from whole
lettuce and veggies from the grocery store, so premixed salads are a
compromise. They cost quality; they pay convenience.

> If their vege pacakages re not too big, I'd buy that too.

The depends on the individual type. They have a lot of good fresh
veggies.

> I prefer to eat varieties and eat the same thing all the time.

That did not make sense to me. Sounds like a language barrier issue. I
prefer to eat variety and so I do not eat the same thing all of the
time.