Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Costco membership

In article >,
Janet Wilder > wrote:

> ....but we, the consumer, bought it. Really, George, can you think of
> any product made now that has the quality of the same item made 10 years
> ago? Nothing is fixable. Everything is disposable.

I have to wonder, though. After WWII, the Japanese were desperate to
sell stuff. Anything. They had no time for development or quality
control. "Made in Japan" was synonymous with "crap". Things are
different now. My son bought a kitchen knife recently. US$200. Made
in Japan.

The Chinese have come a *long* way in a *short* time. What will Chinese
products be like in ten years? Fifty?

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA