Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL1. PeterL1. is offline

Default Dressing vs. Stuffing (was Who's-been-posting-here-longer-than-who?)

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article
> >,
> Dan Abel > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Omelet > wrote:

>> > You've never fired an AR. They are a joy to shoot. Might be a small
>> > caliber but at a muzzle velocity of 3,200 fps, they do mess up
>> > someone's day. You should see what they do to a varmint at 100
>> > yards...
>> >
>> > One important thing to me tho' is ease of field stripping for
>> > cleaning. The AR has that ease, as does my Taurus PT-92.

>> I don't know a lot about guns (I have a couple of .22 rimfires), but
>> Peter says he's used the M16, which is the military version of the
>> AR-15:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle

> True, but he did not name that as his favorite.

Yep, Dan's right....... M16 - AR-15 all much of a muchness..... just a few
bits and pieces attached that are different.

Guys in the Battalions used to like carrying it (actually, they only ever
gave them to anyone who had Rank) because they were light.

They tried to give me one when I was a Section Commander, but I stuck with
my SLR.

http://www.5rar.asn.au/weapons/slr.htm

The 5.56mm was high powered, but too easily deflected. It could be
deflected off a banana leaf if it was hit at the right angle.

The 7.62 just used to go *through* things.... walls, trees, people :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrites.

-- Albert Einstein --