Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default Pulled Pork into Carnitas???

"Tim Conde" > wrote in message
> Hi to all. We love pulled pork and we also love carnitas. If we have a
> bunch of pulled pork sitting around, is there a way to transform it into
> decent carnitas? Most carnitas recipes I know require marinating, etc, and
> the pork is wetter and maybe more tender as well. But since the meat is
> the same, can I just add something to make it work?
>
> Thanks
> Tim

Think of the pulled pork you have the same as you would for Machaca
(Mexican) or Ropa Vieja (Cuban). dice some onions, chilies (your choice for
heat) a little cumin & some orange peal. Sauté in a hot cast iron pan, add
the pulled pork and fry till dry & browning.

Serve with the fix'ns for soft tacos to include fresh Pico de Gallo.

--
Dimitri

Searing

http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.