Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Dressing vs. Stuffing (was Who's-been-posting-here-longer-than-who?)

In article >,
"PeterL1." > wrote:

> > What about Moon Clips for revolvers dear?

> Had to go and look that one up......... GIMF :-)
>

> http://www.ezmoonclip.com/RIMZ%20Video%20Flash.htm
>

> Moon Clips looks like a catchy term they use to market them. It's just
> another speedloader.

Not really! It's much faster than a speed loader, but the cylinder has
to be cut for one. Not all revolvers can use a moon clip.

> > There is more than one gun
> > that uses clips to load the mag etc. <g> The Garand is a PITA.

> Too much power?

No, too many injured thumbs removing the damed clip!

> > finally got introduced to one a couple of weeks ago when I took my NRA
> > instructor certification class.
> >
> > I'm glad it's been replaced by the AR-15.

> I went through the wHole gamut of weaponry whilst I was in. Started with a
> .308 Bren with 30 round mags, to the M60, the SLR, the M16, then to MAG58,
> Steyrs, and finally H&K MP5's.
>
> Out in the open, I'd choose the SLR over anything else (except a H&K PSG1
> ;-).
>
> I like the satisfaction of knowing that one round is going to severly ****
> someones day up ;-)

You've never fired an AR. They are a joy to shoot. Might be a small
caliber but at a muzzle velocity of 3,200 fps, they do mess up someone's
day. You should see what they do to a varmint at 100 yards...

One important thing to me tho' is ease of field stripping for cleaning.
The AR has that ease, as does my Taurus PT-92.
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe: