Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL1. PeterL1. is offline

Default Dressing vs. Stuffing (was Who's-been-posting-here-longer-than-who?)

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> PeterL1 > wrote:
>

>> But on the 'clip' thing, it might be a throwback to the M1 Garand,
>> during WW2 onwards. Then the ammo *was* in clips, which the guys pushed
>> down into the magazine area of the Garand.

> What about Moon Clips for revolvers dear?

Had to go and look that one up......... GIMF :-)

http://www.ezmoonclip.com/RIMZ%20Video%20Flash.htm

Moon Clips looks like a catchy term they use to market them. It's just
another speedloader.

> There is more than one gun
> that uses clips to load the mag etc. <g> The Garand is a PITA.

Too much power?

> finally got introduced to one a couple of weeks ago when I took my NRA
> instructor certification class.
>
> I'm glad it's been replaced by the AR-15.

I went through the wHole gamut of weaponry whilst I was in. Started with a
..308 Bren with 30 round mags, to the M60, the SLR, the M16, then to MAG58,
Steyrs, and finally H&K MP5's.

Out in the open, I'd choose the SLR over anything else (except a H&K PSG1
;-).

I like the satisfaction of knowing that one round is going to severly ****
someones day up ;-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrites.

-- Albert Einstein --