Posted to rec.food.cooking
George[_1_] George[_1_] is offline

Default Shrimp Noodle Soup

On 2/12/2010 10:07 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> George wrote:
>
>> Good noodles aren't expensive and something that really makes or
>> breaks a dish.

> I wish I were able to make ramen from scratch, like this guy:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sfSiWepm7U
>
> Bob

Me too, I have tried but can't nail it. Those are hand pulled noodles
which are a famous thing from Lan Zhou. I frequent some noodle shops in
NYC that make authentic Lan Zhou hand pulled noodles just like that:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lanzhou-hand...oodle-new-york

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lan-zhou-han...oodle-new-york

http://www.yelp.com/biz/super-taste-new-york

Ramen is made differently.

Here is a good description of a method:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...-from-scratch/

Noodles are definitely cheap food for the masses. I have traveled
extensively in Asia and once you eat good noodles the instant ramen
noodles aren't even close.