Posted to rec.food.cooking
Serene Vannoy Serene Vannoy is offline

Default Food today

Becca wrote:
> Serene Vannoy wrote:
>> Serene
>>
>> *matzoh-ball

> One of these days I will have to cook that. The last time I had it was
> on a cruise a few weeks ago. It was good, but I am sure yours is much
> better. Yours is made with love.

Aww, thanks!

My mom knows that I'm trying to perfect my technique on the foods I grew
up with, and she knows it's okay to critique my attempts, because I want
to get better at making them. This time, though, she said everything
was perfect. Yay! I think I really have it down now.

The one thing I did differently from the way she does things is that I
made a nice, rich chicken stock from chicken feet, then went from there.
She usually makes her chicken soup by boiling the chicken parts with
the soup veggies, then fishing out the chicken and boning it. She didn't
seem to notice, though, and I like it better my way, because the stock
is more chicken-y, and there are no bones in the soup (one of the things
I *hated* as a kid).

Serene

--
"I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up,
I believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their