Posted to rec.food.cooking
Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] Virginia Tadrzynski[_2_] is offline

Default Food today

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
> Omelet wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Serene Vannoy > wrote:
>>
>>> My mom's coming tonight, just for the night (she's playing bridge an
>>> hour away and will be there for the weekend, but she's in a day early to
>>> come see me). I am making knaedlach* soup and garlic rolls. The kid
>>> made a cake. Mom can't eat much these days, but I wanted to have
>>> comfort food available for her. And now, back to cooking and cleaning
>>> like a maniac. Only 4 hours 'til she gets here, eek!
>>>
>>> Serene
>>>
>>> *matzoh-ball

>> You are a good daughter. :-)

> Hee! I wish. If I were a good daughter, I'd be in San Diego taking care
> of her.
>
> Serene
> --
> "I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up, I
> believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their
> choosing." -- Pat Kight, on alt.polyamory

Not necessarily. My mother and I were like flint and steel, always sparking
off one another. Sometimes it is better for ALL concerned if you aren't the
immediate care giver. You know it and she knows it. At least at this
time...there may come a time when she needs you to step in, but as it sounds
now, you are doing what is best.
-ginny