Posted to rec.food.cooking
Serene Vannoy Serene Vannoy is offline

Default Food today

Cheryl wrote:

> Have a great visit! I can tell you both love her very much. I hope
> she enjoys her bridge weekend.

Thank you! The kid has amazed us this year. When she moved here, it was
essentially because she and my mom couldn't stand each other. Now they
talk on the phone, and the kid sends cards and letters to her Nana, and
all that sweet stuff. It does my heart good.

ObFood: Just finished making garlic rolls (the bread machine kneaded
the dough; broke it into 9 even pieces; dipped each piece in melted
garlic butter; let rise; baked 25 minutes at 350; brushed resulting
rolls with more garlic butter and put some of the chopped garlic bits on
top, as well. Kickass.), and the matzoh-ball dough is resting in the
fridge. About an hour before mom comes, I'll take the stock out of the
fridge, defat it a little, throw in chicken and veggies, and simmer it
until she gets here, when I'll toss in the dumplings to simmer. 15
minutes or so later, it'll be knaedlach soup.

Serene
--
"I tend to come down on the side of autonomy. Once people are grown up,
I believe they have the right to go to hell in the handbasket of their