Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shrimp Noodle Soup

George wrote on Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:18:08 -0500:

> On 2/10/2010 12:56 PM, James Silverton wrote:
>> Hello All!
>>
>> Does anyone have a recipe, Chinese or Thai, for Shrimp Noodle
>> Soup that does not involve pre-prepared shrimp flavored
>> noodles or flavoring mixes? A surprising number of recipes on
>> the web rely on prepackaged ingredients. I'd prefer something
>> hot and sour on this ridiculously snowy day and I can't get
>> out to buy tofu.
>>

> Like this?: (no instant ramen, "better living through
> chemistry" or similar stuff used)

>http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Hot-and...up/Detail.aspx

I did make the soup and it was good! Since I am thoroughly snowed in, I
had to do a little substitution. I had no bean sprouts or pineapple but
I did have and used fresh water chestnuts and shredded cabbage. I had
some frozen shrimp from Trader Joe's. I have to admit that I used a cube
of Maggi Shrimp Bouillon concentrate (bought a while ago in a Chinese
supermarket). The stuff seems to keep for ever

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland