Posted to alt.food.wine
Martin Field[_2_] Martin Field[_2_] is offline

Default Older white wines.

Don't know about NZ whites but I've had some Australian rieslings and
semillons of of considerable age.
Hunter Valley semillons (dry) back to the 1950s have come up well. I once
had a 1934 Yalumba riesling that still had a little fruit in it - along with
expected oxidation.
I've no hesitation in recommending Clare Valley rieslings for longish
(10 -20 yrs) storage. Australian and NZ sauvignon blancs are I reckon a
drink now proposition across the board.
As a one-off the Tahbilk Marsanne - of which I've had a few decades old
offerings - age wonderfully.
French: Back in the early '80s I had a bottle of the '45 Moulin Touchais -
hardly any sign of age that I could see in colour or taste - one of the best
whites I have ever had.
Haven't seen it in Australia for years - where do they sell it?
Cheers!

Martin

www.thewineblog.net