Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Tutall Tutall is offline

Default Boston Butt vs Picnic

On Feb 7, 10:33*am, Barry > wrote:

> Its been going at 280-300 for 5.5 hrs now and already at 180. Thinking
> that I should wrap them in foil and let sit in smoker for a couple
> more hours at lower temp. Make sense?-

Not to me. What do you think that will accomplish? If you tell me
juicyness, just slap yourself upside the head for me okay? Have you
ever, ever heard of a dried out pork butt? It's almost impossible to
accomplish. I've overcooked (by normal standards) enough to
know. ;-) , ones I've cooked till 215 were still great eating and
moist as hell.
I keep them on till they hit 195-200 (I like the extra rendering
longer cooking does) take em off and sit on the counter till they cool
enough to pull.