Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Sea salt fine grind

"Paul M. Cook" wrote:

> wrote:
>>
>> Is there anyway to make the coarse sea salt into a finer grind without
>> using a grinder, which I don't have. I just tried making fried rice
>> with sea salt but it does not seem to dissolve well.

I really don't see the point to sea salt for fried rice... but no salt
will dissolve in rice... and you don't need a salt grinder...
dissolve sea salt in water and then add the sea salt brine... probably
should have cooked the rice in water salted with sea salt.

>Use dark soy sauce. It's mostly salt.

Actually soy sauce is mostly water. But since soy sauce does contain
substantial salt I wouldn't add any salt to fried rice until after
adding the soy sauce and tasting, and then if it needed more salt I'd
I add a bit of msg.