Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ricavito Ricavito is offline

Default Tonight's dinner.

On Feb 1, 11:52*am, "Cheri" > wrote:
> "Ricavito" > wrote in message

> I've got half the vegetable soup left over and and will probably make
> it tonight, sans the baguette. *What else could I use for that crunch
> though? *Maybe half a double fiber english muffin...
>
> =========
>
> *Hi Rica, I eat a lot of soup in the winter and sometimes I make a one or
> two of these just for the crunch factor. I like them and they are fast if
> you have flaxseed meal on hand. I can't remember who posted the recipe, but
> I like it.
>
> Cheri
>
> 2 Tbsp flaxmeal
> 1 Tbsp water
> whatever seasoning you like...suggestions are..
> salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, onion salt, galic salt, grated parm
> cheese...etc etc..you are limited only by your imagination..
>
> Mix thoroughly and spead thin on parchment paper..cook in mic about 2 to 3
> minutes till crispy. Remove from parchment and break into pieces.

Yum, that looks good, Cheri, thanks, I had soup for lunch at work, and
brought home the piece of bread they put in the bag with the carton of
soup, so I just repeated last night's dinner. I'm in a soup kind of
mind, I guess.

I do have a bag of flax meal that I've been wondering what to do
with. I will give the chip recipe a try--it looks especially like a
good recipe b/c it can go in the microwave. In fact, you've given me
an idea for an alternative Superbowl dip delivery system for a partay
this weekend. I was looking for something a little more toothsome
than jicama sticks :-)