Greg Zywicki

Default Dumb Question - Cooking Sausage in Microwave

Jedi Master CK > wrote in message >. ..
> >I have fresh italian sausage that I want uncut on the side for
> >spaghetti and red sauce...
> >
> >Can I simply cook the sausage link in the microwave? If yes, how long
> >do I cook it for in the microwave? Until it reaches 170 degrees?
> >
> >I, and My Little Daughter, Thank You in Advance...

> Thank you for all your responses...
>
> My problem is that My Daughter doesn't like it "crusty" brown if you
> know what I mean... And she doesn't like the sausage cut... 4 year old
> - you know how it is... I was thinking boiling, but, that takes too
> long... That's why I was wondering about the quicker microwave...
> Basically, I'm wondering if you can safely cook a sausage in the
> microwave so that there is no food poisoning...

yeah, you can cook a sausage in the microwave. It's probably going to
be messy and less palatable than if cooked otherwise, but I can be
done.

Lots of other people have given you good ideas. Something to consider
about browning and then braising: Some (maybe all) of the brown will
be taken away by braising in sauce.

Good luck. I've got a four-year-old too, and I get very frustrated at
the food prejudices they exhibit. In my case, I have to recognize
that I'm reaping what I sowed during years of being a picky eater.

Greg Zywicki