chef_riggy

Default knot rolls

You can make up a brioche dough in this way, provided it is not too wet a
formula. I like the formula from the book Baking With Julia Childs from the
PBS Series. I use it at work and everybody loves it. I make a 10x recipe and
make it up by the club roll method for panned loaves and put it in buttered
1/3 pans 6" deep. The scaling is about 2-10 per loaf.

You really heve to read that recipe in the book to "get it". I have had to
leave before with the dough at a certain stage, and explained where in the
process I was to another experienced baker who claimed to understand, and
every single time the bread ended up FUBAR.
However, each time I start with flour and end up with brioche, it is always
light, airy, buttery, delicate, tight crumb structure (despite a proof to 3x
original size), consistent throughout, and dang good besides. It ROCKS to
use for french toast if it gets stale!!! (Or even if it doesn't).
Another one I like to use for knot rolls (although it has no butter in it)
is challah.I use the formula found in Wayne Gisslen's Professional Baking,
3rd edition.
Viel Glück!