Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Steel-Cut Oats

Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> As soon as I have served the oatmeal (no matter the variety), I fill the
> pan with cold water, cover it, and leave it in the sink. The residue
> literally pours out with the water when it's time to clean the pan. No
> scrubbing at all.

I have found that I don't even need to add water unless I made a small
amount enough that they is no waste. Just putting the lid on the pot
while it is still warm and sitting on the counter something happens in
that pot that makes the oatmeal cohere and it all comes out in one
piece. No rinsing or scouring necessary.

I am eating Cream of wheat these days and it doesn't seem to work as
well for that.