Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Steel-Cut Oats

sf wrote:

>> Add cooked oats to pancake or waffle batter, or use in cookie dough. Raw,
>> the cooked grains are too hard for anything I can think of.

> How long do you cook them, Wayne, 10 minutes or all the way?

I often use a little leftover oatmeal porridge in pancake batter. I
adjust the amount of flour but use the same amount of salt and baking
powder, then add the oatmeal to the liquid first to get it well stirred
up. Sometimes I have to add a little liquid or flour to get the right
consistency. I cook them the same amount of time as for pancakes. The
oatmeal is already cooked.