Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL2[_2_] PeterL2[_2_] is offline

Default Rec: Pizza crust

piedmont > wrote in :

> On 1/23/2010 1:27 PM, zxcvbob wrote:
>> I usually just throw this together, but last night I weighed the

flour
>> because the ratio (by cups) is so much wetter than most recipes. I

> snip
> A recipe that I've become fond of lately is from this gal.
>
> http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/article/46/28295
>
> Ingredients:
> 1 1/2 cups very warm water
> 2 teaspoons yeast
> 2 teaspoons sugar
> 16 ounces (about 2 3/4 cups) bread flour
> 3 1/2 ounces (1/2 cup) semolina flour
> 1 teaspoon salt
>
> I make it in my bread machine on pizza dough setting, then let it rise
> two more time and then use it for one big or two small pizza.

*WAY* too much work. I can have a pizza on the table 20mins after
deciding that we want one.

And 10mins of that is making the dough and heating the pizza stone in
the oven.

Here's my recipe.............

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...7/Pizza%20and%
20calzones/?action=view&current=15.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/ks2zul

I get one large pizza and two calzones out of it...... which is what I
do most times.

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/a...20Pizza%20for%
20Om/

http://tinyurl.com/yef32ty

There have been times when 6 people have shown up all of a sudden,
drinks have been shared, people get the munchies (especially when it's
dinner time!!) , so 20mins after someoine says "What's for dinner?"...
it's there.