Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Rec: Pizza crust

I usually just throw this together, but last night I weighed the
flour because the ratio (by cups) is so much wetter than most
recipes. I thought it might be because my big bag of flour is
compacted. Also, you may want to add more oil if you like your
pizza crust to be greasy and more tender, but then it will be harder
to work.

Notice how little yeast is used. You can use more yeast and more
kneading if you're in a hurry.

Bob's Pizza D'oh

2 cups (335 grams) bread flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp instant dried yeast
2 Tbsp (30 grams) olive oil or vegetable oil or bacon grease
1 cup warm water

Combine 1 cup of the flour with all the remaining ingredients in a 4
cup or larger plastic bowl that has a lid. Beat with a fork until
it looks like pancake batter. Stir in the remaining cup of flour
until well mixed, mostly. Does not have to be kneaded.

Let it sit out for a half an hour or so to give the yeast a chance
to activate, then snap the lid on and put it in the refrigerator, at
least overnight. Keep refrigerated and ready to use for about a
week. If the lid pops off in the fridge, punch the dough down and
snap the lid back on.

Coat your hands with flour when pressing the dough into the pizza
pan because it will be kind of sticky.

--
Best regards,
Bob