Posted to alt.food.wine
Michael Pronay Michael Pronay is offline

Default TN: Weinviertel and Burgundy

santiago > wrote:

>> A first name and the location would be helpful.

> Sorry: Klaus Hackl - Niederösterreich?

Oh, that's extremely interesting. Originally (and still his main
job) is something in the advertising/publishing/printig field.
He's a newcomer to winegrowing, but an absolute sherry aficionado
& connoisseur: he even went to Sanlúcar to live there for a year
and a half and knows just about anybody in this business.

He has written a book about Sherry (in German), but is still
looking for a publisher ... :-(

I've read a few articles he wrote back in 2006/7 on the website
of the Vienna daily newspaper "Der Standard": excellent.

Unfortunately, I have never met him in person, nor have I tasted
his wines. AFAIK he's also a Weinakademiker (= WSET diploma), so
his wines should at least be decent.

M.