Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
[email protected] doublesb@hotmail.com is offline

Default 'Standard' Acidity (etc) For Elderberry Blackberry / Any CountryWines

Jim,

Remember what TA and PH represent. TA(total accidity) is exactly what
it means but it depends on the strength of the acids representing the
the total amount. You could have a lower TA and still have an acidic
tasting wine if the acids in the wine are strong. OTOH, if your the PH
measures the total strength of all the acids. I like PH because the
total amount of acid (TA) ,to me is irrelevant if it still tastes bad
(acidic). I use PH (strength of all the acids combined) as a guide and
make finer adjustments thru taste. Most of the time if the PH is close
the taste adjustments with fruit wine can be made with sugar.