Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hamburgers

J. wrote on Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:19:41 -0500:

> Christine Dabney wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:10:20 -0800, sf > wrote:
>>
>>> Oh, ugh. That egg on a hamburger thing is too disgusting.
>>> It's as bad as egg on pizza.

>> Hey, don't knock it til you've tried it.
>>
>> My first weekend in CA this time, Lin and I went up Nevada
>> City or was it Grass Valley? Anyway, we had lunch there, and
>> I had a sandwich with an egg on it. It was totally delicious.
>> No, it wasn't a hamburger, but an egg on a sandwich can be a
>> wondrous thing.
>>
>> I think I have a pic of it.
>> http://i48.tinypic.com/2hcn4vp.jpg
>>

>Remember, a mainstay of fast-food breakfast, the Egg McMuffin, is a
>sandwich
>with an egg on it. Regardless of how one feels about McDonalds, they
>sell a
>lot of the things, suggesting that the notion of a sandwich with an egg
>on
>it is not in general found to be totally repulsive.

"
We are getting into semantics here :-) Doesn't the E-MacM have an egg
"IN" it not "ON" it? When I was a child in Britain we quite often had
fried egg sandwiches on untoasted white bread as a quick meal (sometimes
even with ketchup :-). Come to think of it, I used to make them when I
was in a hurry as a graduate student.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland