Vox Humana

Default Spice Cake Mix for Fruit Cake?

"Dan Wenz" > wrote in message
> My wife has a box of Betty Crocker spice cake mix and would like to know
> whether anyone has a recipe for a fruit cake using that mix. I don't see
> one at their website, and I've become overloaded with Google's results
> for fruit cakes but not a specific recipe using the above combination.

Considering how expensive the ingredients are for a decent fruit cake, I
can't see using a cake mix for the batter. I would tale a look at one of
these recipes. The Christmas fruitcakes look like winners:
http://tinyurl.com/yrlye
Most traditional fruitcakes improve with age, so I wouldn't count on eating
one for about a month.