Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Riesling and Gamay

As an apertif over two nights, the 2008 Knebel Riesling Trocken QbA.
Easy going, lighter styled dry Riesling, spring blossoms and a little
incipent petrol. A bit short, but as an apertif a nice little wine. B-/

With chicken thighs over roasted vegetables (potatoes, carrots,and
golden beets) and broccoli, the 2008 Coudert/Clos de la Roilette
Fleurie. Somewhat one dimensional at first, but it seemed to blossom
over a couple hours. Sappy red fruit, at first more raspberry, then it
was more cherries accented with Cranapple™ juice. Floral and earth
tones, good acids, some light tannins. Long clean finish. I didn't
love at first, but last glass is at least B+/A-.

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**