Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Cam[_1_] Cam[_1_] is offline

Default smoky pork chops

I bought two thick piggy t-bones yesterday. Since we're enjoying a
break in the winter weather I thought I'd fire up the WSM. I started a
chimney of Maple Leaf lump and tossed a chunk of apple wood on top.
While that heated up I rubbed the chops with Montreal steak spice,
chili powder and dry mustard. I cooked them for 27 minutes with direct
heat and the dampers wide open for 27 minutes. The results were
fantastic. The direct heat and spices combined to make a crisp smoky
bark, the interior was moist and delicious.

Cam