Posted to rec.food.equipment
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default induction cooktops

wrote:
> 1. Has an automatic shut-off *with at least a 30-second delay*. It is
> mighty inconvenient when you move a pan slightly, or pic kit up to
> flip or shake, and the hob shuts off, and you have to run through the
> temperature or level setting sequence again.

Is that a common feature? I'd find it impossible to live with. When I make
my egg in the morning, I put a pat of butter in the pan and as it heats, I
pick it up and swirl it around, then crackt he egg. If it shut off every
time I did that, I'd go nuts. That alone would prevent me from every buying
one.