Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Hamburgers

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:28:09 -0800 (PST), Nancy2
> wrote:

>(What is "toad in the hole?" Isn't that an egg in the middle of -
>what - sausage?

On another food ng that's focused on English food, they were talking
about it as Yorkshire puddinglike batter that you put sausage in. I
Just googled some information... this is pretty informative
http://historictravel.suite101.com/a...l_english_food

>There isn't any reason you couldn't cook an egg in
>the middle of a burger - I think Fieri recently visited a diner that
>did that. Maybe that's where the OP saw it.)

Oh, ugh. That egg on a hamburger thing is too disgusting. It's as
bad as egg on pizza.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.